SpecTECH EDU challenges specifying engineers through Hands-on materials sciences training.
Karen Norris, a LEED AP and President at Green Collar Consultants, Inc. is always on the look out for additional CEU’s to maintain her accreditation. After discovering SpecTECH EDU from a referral, and based on her need to know how to properly specify the best material and product for specific applications, Mrs. Norris registered for the course.
SpecTECH sent a variety of material to Mrs. Norris regarding the class and its structure prior to her attending. However, she still assumed that she would be sitting in a classroom setting while listening to lectures for two days. She was pleasantly surprised this was not the case.
“I was very grateful the class included lots of hands-on activities out on the factory floor and in the classroom. It was also not a typical lecture type situation,” commented Mrs. Norris. She described the interactive educational experience by explaining, “there was a great flow of conversation between the attendees and instructors, plus, lots of activity among all of the attendees.”
She summarized her educational experience at SpecTECH EDU by stating, “Everything, from start to finish, was very well done and made for a very pleasurable experience. But most importantly, we learned a lot - especially how to choose the most efficient material for the projects I work on. I will certainly recommend the course to anyone I can think of who might benefit from it.”
SpecTECH EDU is NOT a sales presentation. It is a unique, two-day, hands-on instructional experience designed to give participants an enjoyable but truly useful opportunity to learn about:
• The history of materials used in enclosure manufacturing and applications.
• The importance and comparisons of mechanical, thermal, electrical, environmental and chemical properties in the proper selection and application of enclosures.
• Enclosure design, materials, and their relationship to the standards and regulations of governing bodies.
• Live lab demonstrations of material performance.
• Enclosure manufacturing processes.
• Comparison and evaluation of material choices such as stainless steel, carbon steel, fiberglass, polycarbonate and PVC.
SpecTECH EDU is highly interactive and focuses on real-life applications, case studies, processing tours, multimedia, lab work, materials demonstrations, learning-by-doing, and direct one-on-one time with professionals who are experts in enclosures and materials.
For a full course curriculum, view our Course Outline.
SpecTECH EDU Accreditations:
- 16 PDH's in qualifying states offering Continued Education Units.
- Affiliation with PDH Seminars.com
- 12 North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) CEU hours. (NABCEP is the “gold standard” for PV and solar heating installation certification.)
For more information about Green Collar Consultants, Inc.:
Karen E. Norris, LEED AP
1024 Saxton Dr.
State College, PA 16801